Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flash Website

The Flash Website was a lot of fun and a lot of work. I think working in Flash makes a lot more sense then HTML and I was able to figure things out a lot quicker then I could with HTML. Getting started with the project was tough. Again I am indecisive so it took me awhile to come up with an idea that I wanted to do the website for. I decided doing a website on bubble gum would be a lot of fun, so I went with that.

My initial idea was to stylize the website after a bubble gum package. Which was easy enough to do for the home page and maybe one other page, but it was difficult coming up with different angles of a gum package that I could tie together to make it all work. Let alone making it look like it all goes together. I played around with the idea though trying different things.

After going to the first critique I wanted to try to play off the stickiness of bubble gum. Doing a page that would maybe have bubbles popping from page to page. Using a popped bubble to cover the entire page. I tried doing this in flash. I got the animation to work, but then I got stuck trying to get the content and layout to go along with the popped bubble. I wasn't sure how to lay everything out. I tried out different options, but in the end I thought I shouldn't worry about the animation for the site as much as I should making sure the site was well designed.
So I went back to the drawing board. I completely switched everything: colors, style, and layout. I think it was a good decision. I am pretty satisfied with how it all came together. It doesn't have much animation to it, but I think it does have a nice design. So I consider it a success. I could go back and add more animation, maybe some audio with the gum ball machine. Other then that no real complaints with how it turned out.

Check it out for reals go to

No comments:

Post a Comment